Capturing Cambridge
  • search
  • Facebook
  • Twitter

73 Glebe Road

History of 73 Glebe Road

1935:

Albert V. Wright

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Joan Robertson has lived in Queen Edith’s for most of her life. In 2016 she recalled the area around Glebe Road after the family moved from St Tibb’s Row in 1932:


She also recalled her time at Morley School and Coleridge during WWII.

Her mother worked for the builder, Harold Ridgeon, at his house in Red Cross Lane, before he moved to Ventress Farm:

After leaving school in 1942, Joan got an apprenticeship at the Eaden Lilley department store. After a few years she moved to the photographic department and stayed there all her life. She met her husband Stan through Eaden Lilley; they were both photograhers but he worked for Stearn’s in Bridge Street.

They were married at St John’s in 1950 and moved into a house in Queen Edith’s Way in 1954:

 

Contribute

Do you have any information about the people or places in this article? If so, then please let us know using the Contact page or by emailing [email protected].